During construction, our sampling, monitoring and quality control services cover every phase of construction and all materials used. Our services are guided by project specifications and ensure sound, safe and quality construction.
We maintain a fully equipped in-house soils, concrete, and aggregate testing laboratory certified by Construction Materials Engineering Council (CMEC) and approved by Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). Our lab is also validated by the Army Corp of Engineers (USACE). Our field and laboratory technicians hold industry-recognized certifications (ACI/CTQP/PCI/FPCA) for aggregates, asphalt, concrete, and earthwork testing as well as drilled shaft, augercast pile, and pile driving installation monitoring.
We provide a complete range of geotechnical engineering services. Our geotechnical design solutions define and reduce construction and long-term performance risks. Whether buildings, airport facilities, transportation systems, landfills, dams, or other civil and private projects, our engineers have the experience and expertise to handle the most technically demanding projects.
TSF also owns a large, diverse fleet of 11 drill rigs with automatic hammers (truck-mounted, track-mounted, rotary, tripod, ATV, barge/overwater) capable of drilling in challenging conditions whether remote, soft, marshy, over-water, difficult access or environmentally sensitive areas. We also employee MOT (Maintenance of Traffic) certified staff to safely perform drilling services in high traffic areas.
TSF also provides building inspection services and specialty testing services to verify that the Construction Manager maintains appropriate methods and the construction complies with the Construction Contract Documents. Our inspectors review the completeness and accuracy of the work completed.
Our team includes licensed Florida Building inspectors as well as highly experienced and licensed Special Inspectors who, under the State of Florida Building Standards, are capable of performing threshold inspections .
• Earthwork testing and observations
• Concrete testing and placement observation
• Masonry, grout, and mortar sampling and testing
• Asphalt paving monitoring
• Asphalt plant observations and monitoring
• MSE wall installation monitoring
• Pre-stressed yard observations
• Drilled shaft installation monitoring
• Pile driving installation monitoring
• Pre and post construction survey
• Vibration monitoring
• Onshore and offshore subsurface exploration
• Laboratory testing and analysis of soils and rocks
• Pavement evaluations and design
• Deep and shallow foundation analysis and design
• Site preparation recommendations
• Slope stability analysis
• Soil reinforcement
• Corridor studies
• Expert witness testimony
• Unknown foundation evaluation
• Peer review
• Value engineering
• Threshold/special inspections
• Non-destructive testing
• Roof installation observations
• Torque testing and inspections
• Welding inspections
• Fire proofing testing
• Floor flatness testing
• Bolt inspections
• Infiltration (blow door) and duct leakage
TSF is a fully-certified FDOT DBE and Florida Statewide OSD MBE as well as an S/M/DBE with other agencies. Please contact our office at (561) 687-8536 for more details.
PROJECTS COMPLETED EVERY YEAR
TOTAL COST OF
DESIGN-BUILD PROJECTS WORKED ON
AVERAGE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE FOR OUR PRINCIPAL ENGINEERS
FDOT PROJECTS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED
IN-HOUSE DRILL RIGS
+ BARGE EQUIPMENT
AIRPORTS WITH OVER 150 AVIATION PROJECTS
TSF BY THE